|General Information for Students:
(325 total words in this text)
Tau Beta Pi is now offering free one-on-one tutoring for students in 100-200 level math, 100-200 level chemistry, 100-200 level physics, 100 level engineering, and other courses by request.
Simply send an email with your name and the course you wish to be tutored in to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Campus Outreach chair will then match you with a volunteer willing to tutor that subject and will receive an email from that volunteer usually within the same day. You and your volunteer may then set up a time and meeting place that is convenient for both parties. Please note that our volunteers will not violate the Engineering Honor Code.
Instructions for Volunteers:
- Please contact email@example.com to add yourself to the list of available tutors with your name, courses you are willing to tutor, and level of enthusiasm.
- Once a student has requested tutoring in a subject you have listed, you will be contacted by the Campus Outreach chair with the student’s name, email, and the subject he or she would like to be tutored in. Please send an email to the student as soon as possible with your name, role in TBP and suggest times and locations that you are available or reply back to decline.
- Make sure you bcc firstname.lastname@example.org when contacting to student in order to receive hours! Print off one of the tutoring forms here or stop by the bullpen to pick up a copy before tutoring because you must have a student signature in order to receive hours. Turn the form into the bullpen or at a TBP meeting to Laura.
General Tips for Volunteers:
- Try to suggest locations in public locations such as libraries, dormitory clc’s, or cafés so that students can feel comfortable while being tutored.
- Ask students to bring their books, notes, and other materials for the course as a reference.
- Be patient and try to understand your student’s learning style.
- Have fun!